Effective July 7, 2022
We have built a service to help users learn principles grounded in research and engage in meaningful activities that either helps the person move their body or accomplish small tasks. The activities are intended to be completed independent of any assistance and are individualized when applicable. This individualization is based on individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”) in connection with the services that ShiftAside provides.
Information ShiftAside Collects
We strive to collect only the personal data that we need. When you create an account, purchase our service, download a software update, register for an online event, connect to our services, contact us (including by social media), participate in an online survey, or otherwise interact with ShiftAside, we may collect a variety of information, including:
- Account Information. Your user ID and related account details, including email address, devices registered, and account status
- Device Information. Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or about your device, such as browser type
- Profile Information. Google profile information, such as name and email address if you choose to log in to ShiftAside using your Google account information.
- Contact Information. When you create an account on ShiftAside, you provide us Personal Information that includes your name and email address. You can also choose to add a phone number. We also collect the content you create, such as your daily mood ratings.
- Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information. This data is collected and stored by a third-party vendor.
- Transaction Information. Data about purchase of service or transactions facilitated by ShiftAside
- Mood Information. Details related to your mood and emotions where you choose to share them
- Fitness Information. Details relating to your fitness and exercise information where you choose to share them
- Other Information You Provide to Us. Details such as the content of your communications with ShiftAside, including interactions via email and contacts through social media channels.
You are not required to provide the personal data that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, in many cases, we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to requests you may have.
Why ShiftAside Collects Data
Shift Aside uses personal data to deliver you our service, to process your daily activities, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law.
- Power Our Services. We use your information to deliver our services, like providing appropriate level activities or helping you revisit content you have highly rated.
- Maintain & Improve Our Services. We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking bugs or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information to make improvements to our services — for example, understanding which activities provide the most benefit to help us improve offered activities.
- Develop New Services. We also use the information that we collect in existing services to help us develop new ones. For example, developing a service to help those with anxiety.
- Communicate with You. We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may send you a notification if we notice you haven’t engaged in a while. Or we may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our services. And if you contact ShiftAside, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm ShiftAside, our users, or the public.
- Provide Personalization. We use the information we collect to customize our services for you, including providing recommendations, personalized content, and customized activities. For example, some of our activities are spiritually-based and we would either show or not show you activities based on your preferences.
- Single Sign-on. If you choose to log-in to our Products using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect, Google, or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal data (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign-up form.
How We Communicate with You
We provide news and updates on our sites via web push notifications (not available for iOs products). To benefit from this free service, operated with our push provider WonderPush, you must first subscribe by clicking on an authorization request controlled by your browser and your device when you visit our website/application.
The navigation data that we could store and process in order to operate this service and send you relevant messages is anonymized and kept on WonderPush servers for a maximum of 90 days and never shared to third parties. We do not store any recognizable data, neither IP address about you or your device in connection with the push notification service.
You can stop receiving our web push notifications at any time by unsubscribing. Here is how to manage your web push subscription and to delete associated data.
Your Privacy Controls
You have choices regarding the information we collect and how it is used. For example, you can turn on or off texting, email and push notifications. Visit your profile page once you have logged in to update these settings.
Managing, reviewing and updating your information
When you’re signed in, you can always review and update information by visiting your account settings. For example, you can modify your fitness levels that you saved to your account during setup.
Decide what level of activities you’d like for your account. For example, if you have Spirituality turned on, you will receive activities based on this preference.
Manage your contact information, such as your name, email and phone number.
Removing & deleting your information
To delete your information, please notify ShiftAside via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Your Information
We do not share or sell your personal information with/to companies, organizations, or individuals outside of ShiftAside.
For Legal Reasons
We will share personal information outside of ShiftAside if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ShiftAside, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners — like publishers, advertisers, developers, or rights holders. For example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We have partnered with Google Cloud to ensure the strongest security features that continuously protect your information.
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit.
- We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to prevent unauthorized access to our systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Shift Aside employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Retaining Your Information
Changes to this policy